Friday, June 13, 2014

16 Days Until Half Dome!

15 days until we are in the Jeep headed to Yosemite National Park. 16 days until we are hiking Half Dome.

16 days...that's it?!

She's a beaut! 

Time sure does fly! I wish we had been training more up to this point. But life got insane for a bit. However, even though I wish we had been training more, I am still very confident I can tackle Half Dome! We have two weeks and in that time I'll be kicking up the weight training and cardio. We've also got 2-3 smaller hikes we are hoping to fit in our very new and very busy schedules.

We are ready for this and we couldn't be more excited! I am slightly nervous about the actual dome part. Not so much going up the dome, but the coming back down part!

We will only be up in Yosemite for three days total. The day we get there, the day of the hike, and the day we leave. We both wish we could spend more time up there but L is starting a new job and he starts school this coming Monday. I'm also just a month into my new job and don't want to take too much time off too soon. We are going to make the best of it though!

We will also be using this hike as a training hike for a 20 mile hike we are doing in September for a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I am so stoked about this fundraiser. We will be able to raise funds and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis while kicking some major CF ass doing one of my very favorite things, hiking!

A couple of other training hikes we hope to make happen are Mt. Baldy next month with the CFF Xtreme Hike team and the August training hike is still TBD.

Click here to learn more about the Xtreme Hike we are doing for the CFF. I'll be sure to blog about all of our hikes and post lots of pictures! I also plan on blogging more regularly now that things have settled down a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well and still kicking ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment